CNC Mfg Shop Assistant (bike parts)
Posted by Wheels Manufacturing on 04/07/2021
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $14-16 an hour, DOE
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
The CNC Shop Assistant role is a blended role helping with lower-level shop prepping, washing and drying of parts, receiving, moving and stocking raw materials. The role also works a small portion of the time in the assembly and inventory areas.
This is a full time, benefit eligible job. We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) plans to begin on the first of the month following 30 days. In addition, accrued Paid Time Off is offered which is generally 14 days earned within 12 months. The hiring range for this role is $14-$16 an hour, depending on experience.
1. Prep for anodizing shipping (secondary finishing process prep)
2. Ensure the proper finishing of parts – work in vibratory room to wash, dry, tumble and polish parts
3. Run solvent tanks to prep parts for secondary finishing processes.
4. Receive work in process shipments and complete proper paperwork and categorizing of parts to get them ready for assembly and inventory checking
5. Sawing and prep. of raw stock
6. Machine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning machine chip conveyors, cleaning coolant tanks and/or, mixing and delivering coolant.
7. Sorting of chips to identify and collect good parts for washing and finishing.
8. Receiving and stocking of raw materials and shop supplies
9. Cleaning shop floors
10. Organization tasks as needed
11. Secondary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the:
a. Asked to do some entry level machine operation
b. Assembly work such as bagging, assembling kits, or packaging activities
c. Shipping activities, such as picking orders as needed
d. Inventory management activities, such as counting and documenting inventory to be checked in to finished goods or work in process warehouses.
e. Inventory cycle counts and checks.
• High school level education
• Job related experience for 1+ year(s) minimum
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
= Regularly required to stand for long periods of time
= Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
= Reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
= Specific vision requirements are good general vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
= Ability to lift 50 lbs.