The Outdoor Industry Jobs Marketplace
Assembler for Bike Parts
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Salary: $14-15 an hour
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Assemblers are line level employees who quickly and accurately perform hand type work to complete customer orders by putting parts together and packaging parts.
- Assemble small CNC Machined Parts (such as bottom brackets, various rings, repair tools) to produce products in a timely and accurate way.
- Operate machines such as baggers, laser etching, bearing press
- Package parts into boxes including labeling and packaging material
- Study assembly instructions and BOMs to assemble components
- Maintain inventory levels and keep equipment and tools in good working condition
- Resolve basic assembly problems and refer more complex to lead
- Input basic information into computer system
- May work in other areas, as needed such as picking orders
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years’ experience in an Assembly type role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- High attention of detail
- Ability to work with deadlines, work efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Effective communicator and ability to work with and in a team
- Regularly required to lift and move up to 25 lbs
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time (fatigue mats provided)
- Dexterity to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Specific vision requirements are good general vision, ability to distinguish between colors, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits and pay
This is a full time, seasonal role which does not include benefits. The hiring range for this role is $14.50 an hour.
Welcome to Wheels Manufacturing, one of the world’s largest suppliers of high-quality bicycle derailleur hangers, small parts, repair parts, and specialty tools. We started in 1988 in Boulder, Colorado as a small machine shop producing cog removal tools and chain ring spacers, and quickly grew into a large-scale manufacturing facility producing a full line of small parts totaling over 1000 products. We are now located in Louisville, Colorado about 10 miles from our original location.
At Wheels Manufacturing we offer a great place to work. We have less than 25 hard working employees in our small business environment. We offer a great total rewards package including competitive benefits, generous PTO, 401(k) with company match, bike and bike gear discounts, paid volunteering and commuter credits. We also do fun stuff like monthly company reviews with lunch and group bike rides.